BLUE FILTER MATS
0,8 X 1,2 m
The only media in the world that´s perfect for koi ponds. The open, highly aerobic 3 dimensional structure promotes healthy water conditions and ease of cleaning in most non-pressurized filter designs. Mats is a filter media that is simple and that works.
The various densities can be used in sequence or separately for unique filtration requirements. This is one of the greatest characteristics which Mats has to offer. No other media on the market can perform this step-wise filtration.
Mats effectively separates large particles to small and still maintains a very aerobic and free flow of water without channeling, is slightly buoyant and will not sink to the bottom of your filter, stood vertically on end will not float.
Mats stacked horizontally will hold each other down. Due to it's rigidity the Matscan be wedged in place in the filter without support.
Advantages of Mats:
* 4 densities allow for step-wise transition from mechanical to biological filtration
* Excellent surface area per m². with good adhesion of nitrifying bacteria.
* A high number of interstitial spaces in the tri-dimensional matrix of the filter media improves an early and even growth of bacteria.
* High free volume for smooth, even water flow throughout.
* Very resistant to plugging.
* Easy cleaning.
* Mats are form-stable, rigid and non-brittle.
* Easy to cut and fit. Use a knife, circular saw, jig saw or hole saw.
* Light weight.
* Versatile and durable.